Sunday, November 1, 2009

Feelin' Mellon colly


Dr Tweety: "It iz Novem-brrr... & we iz feelin sadz about da fall of da gardun & da weth-err. I meanz, why shouldz it rainz all da time?"

Maximillian: "Yeah doc, don't the Weather Gods care about us cats? How come we don't get to decide what season it is?"


Dr Tweety: "I tinks we better all haz a con-fur-ence, dat way we canz deecidez how to fool da momee Nature."

Iris: "Tweet? Have you and Maxi been smoking nip?"

Maximillian: "Iris! One does not SMOKE nip! You've got that mixed up with something else entirely. Nip is to be savored by chewing and snuffling and on special occasions, niptinis are served."

Iris: "Details, details. If one cannot control the weather, it is best to retreat altogether."

Dr Tweety: "De-tailz????? How iz some cat gonna takes our tailzez away????"


Deliliah: "Iris, do we really have to put up with these silly boys? Isn't it bad enough that the leaves are falling? Did October morph their brain cells?"



Iris: "To be sure Missy D. These two are completely lame brained. I think the fall has dampened more than their fur. I do believe it's clouded their judgment entirely!"


Delilah: "Come on Uncle Maxi! Push!!! It's not that hard to get up on the swing! Just put your nose to it!"

Maximillian: "Oh no you don't Poppet! You're not gonna get me up there for all the nip in Burma!"



Maximillian: "Ahhhhhh... this is much better isn't it doc? Lazin' on the couch with the heater cranked at 98 degrees! Just don't tell Daddy you turned it up that high... we might be taking the midnight express to Tulsa!"

Dr Tweety: "We iz da onlee smart catsez in da housee brudder. Da gurlz justee needz to comez around to our way of tinkin'."

Auntie Stinkie: "I cannot believe you two big lugs have stolen my spot! Have you no shame? Lounging on a blind 17 year old cat's couch! I'm going to go call Miss Peach on the phone! She'll be here in a flash! "

Maximillian: "I'm sorry Auntie... I'll go see if I can find a bed someplace else. Maybe one of the girls will come and keep me company."


Maximillian: "Iris? Do you think you could get used to this life of Riley on Mommy and Daddy's bed? A nice soft warm blanket and a little bit of nip?"

Iris: "I might be persuaded if they would clean up this horrendous mess! Just look at the sloppy pile of clothes. What is Mommy up to?"


Auntie Stinkie: "Hah! I sure fooled those boys! Let the rest of the household run amuck, but I am going to stay right here and wait for Mommy to bring me my eggs.

Mommy? Hurry up!! And NO scrambled. Soupy if you please! And could you try hustling just a LITTLE????"

22 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It is easy to get melancholy in November! I hope that you all enjoy each other as the weather changes.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Good to have so many kitties in the house. You can all teleport over to enjoy spring with me. Only problem is that the weather people forecast rain for the rest of the month :(

Sweet Purrfections said...

Sounds like things are a little odd at home.

Tiger Lily said...

Hmmmmmmm ~ it snowed 18 inches not too far from our home last week and it is getting very cold here at night. I hope you all can snuggle as things get cold at your home too.

Jans Funny Farm said...

98 degrees in there? We're on our way. Too cold here. Just don't let your dad turn off the heat before we arrive.

Sorry it rained and rained and your garden fell.

Cory said...

We were getting a bit sad and then after the fog this morning it turned out to be a glorious day! Jonesie had a very productive day in the garden harvesting parsnips and potatoes! She says there is still hope for garden cats in Oregon!

The Creek Cats said...

We don't like it when the weather turns cold either!! It gets very dreary around here.
Auntie Stinky has the right idea....breakfast in bed!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Auntie Stinkie we thinks you are the smartest cat in the house. We has sunshines, so everyone can come visit us and while we thinks it is cold it is only in the 70's ~S,S,C & F

Daisy said...

I am feeling a little melon-collie, too. I think a nice dish of soupy eggs is just the ticket.

Unknown said...

Oh Maximillian, I will be right over to snuggle up with you to keep warm. It is terribly windy and rainy here lately too, I don't care for the cold - I like to curl up on my Mum and my bed and snooze until my Mum gets home from work, then I snooze on her lap : )

It was very nice of you to give up your spot for Auntie Stinkie, you are so gentlemanly.

Love
Kellie

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We had some snow last week so we know exactly how you are feelin'.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Everyone must be feelin a bit melon collie...yer bedroom looks like our basement; your deck looks wet like ours, too; and we'd turn up the heat but we don't know how, so we're burrowed in blankets...

Rosemary B❤️ said...

The rain has been making all of us just a bit snappy and crabby. I like all of those leaves falling. Mom brought be some to sniff.
Our house is messy with clothes too. what season do the beans clean up?
Oh yeah, right before the Thanksgving people come

purrrs to all of you

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are Mellon Collie too. After being locked up for a month, now it's raining! Mum has shut our cat door so we can't go in the garden at night cuz we keep coming in wet and muddy and jumping on the bed. At least they have lit the woodburner because they are feeling cold after being in the sun.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi everyone - we are behind in visiting you because it been very Mellon Colly here the past couple weeks - not just from the yucky weather. We are starting to finally get caught up so we just wanted to stop by and say HI!

Ariel said...

The weather has been strange here as well.Yesterday it was sunny and reach 60% today is rainy and windy 42% crazy.I think you all got the right idea stay inside and warm...Hugs

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see you all! We've had yucky November-type weather here, very rainy and blowy outside.

Smoochies to Auntie Stinkie!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

We are getting the same weather here too. This is my first time around for the season changes so I don't know what will happen next. Just glad to be inside looking out right now. Good things you have siblings so you can snuggle up when it gets cold.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Sending early Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family. Have a great day!!

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, Dr. Tweety. We have LOTS of leftovers. Would you and everyone like to come over and help eat them? I have a tasty cornish game hen with pecan molasses sauce just for you.
*smoochiez*
da Mini

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Yes, we don't like the cooler weather much either!

sanjeet said...

It is easy to get melancholy in November! I hope that you all enjoy each other as the weather changes.
home jobs india

Celly-bratin life in Orry-gone